Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dark Knights Forum Index -> [PS4] Guild Member DIII Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHawk15
Dark Warrior

re: Classes and Builds

So what classes and builds is everyone using in 2.3 ?  I'm going with the new Carnevil build since that was my best character in 2.2.   Working on a HT and Arachyr Doc as well to try them out, have the gear for the HT to at least tryout the build, probably about T6 worthy at this point.   

Destiny Titan Lvl 40(286) , Warlock Lvl 40(232), Hunter Lvl 34(150) 
AceBro
Eternal Dark King

I have a pet doctor right now with 64% physical damage bonus and lots of damage against elites. Pretty fun, but not really anything good against T8 or higher content. I can only handle T7 right now. Maybe have enough damage, bu not nearly enough suitability yet on my WD.

My barb is pretty badass. Wrath of the Wastes set with some IK. Will post details soon on gear and skills. Still tweaking with the new patch, though now.

Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/AceBro23

I Work Hard, Play Hard, Drink Hard, & Rock Hard. The Four Essentials Of My Life.
CHawk15
Dark Warrior

With your pet doc, you should be running at least 4pc Zuni.  The 4pc bonus for Zunimassa now is 2% damage reduction for every fetish that you have out.  Essentially 46% reduction with a full compliment of fetishes from Legion of Daggers and Sycophants, which is pretty much like having a Unity.   I believe HT and Arachyr have similar 4pc bonuses that mitigate 40% damage either under Necrosis (HT) or while Hex is active (Arachyr).  

Defensive Legendary Gems can help as well,  I think Esoteric Alteration is a must because you're more likely to get hit by non physical damage unless you're an idiot like I was last night and walk right into a charging bull.   The Molten Wildebeast Gizzard is nice, but I'm not sure it's necessary.   I've been toying around with the idea of using a Mutilation Guard, which reduces melee damage and would've saved my WD last night.  I believe that was the only weakness that Zanna had was melee damage.  I had to sweat bullets for the first part of a 45+ GR until I got my fetishes up, the Mutilation Guard would fix that problem and also let me walk through enemies in a pinch with the level 25 ability.    

I have a WW barb that is setup with 6pcs of Wrath of the Wastes and 4pcs of Immortal Kings, but none of it is Ancient, so he tops out at T6-T7 at the moment. Cubed Furnace, Leorics Crown and Convention of Elements at the moment.   Using Leoric's until I cube the Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan.   That being said, I think the new Arachyr WD Angry Chicken build actually is faster for bounty and Keywarden farming, which was the original reason I built a WW barb.  

AceBro
Eternal Dark King

Here is my barbarian on PS4:

Build/skills:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hdUkjP!XZYj!bZaccZ

Weapons - BK swords set.

Armor - IK belt and pants, WotW head, gloves, shoulders, boots, and chest, Motriks Brace.

Rings / Amulet - RorG, Skull Grasp, and hellfire amulet with the Superstition passive.

Legendary gems: Esoteric Aleration, Taeguk, and Gogok of Swiftness

Cubed: Convection of Elements, Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan, (No weapon yet)

I'll post gear pics of exact stats when I can upload them here. I am at work right now. I am looking for different bracers, maybe Strongarm bracers and change the blood funnel rune on WW to the hurricane one that pulls mobs in so they take an additional 20-30% damage. The Motriks I have now are nice when I can use WotB, but that's not very often unless I use IK maul, which is basically a perma wrath and doesn't feel like as good as a build as dual BK with constant high fury and the berserker rage passive. I've noticed too - berserker rage is only active when you have about 95% fury or above, any less and you drop in damage quickly.

I Work Hard, Play Hard, Drink Hard, & Rock Hard. The Four Essentials Of My Life.
CHawk15
Dark Warrior

Here's mine:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chRkjP!bSjZ!aYacYY

I'm jealous that you have a pair of Mortik's bracers.   I use Reaper's Wraps for the increased Fury generation.  One thing you could do is farm up an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac to increase the up time on WotB.   Do you not have a Furnace to cube ?  I'm pretty sure I have a crap one in the stash that I could send you if you're interested.  

For Gems, I use Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped and one of the Defensive gems.  I'm really considering a Mutilation Guard for the Barb as well. 

I'm curious, why Overpower ?  .  I've seen many builds using it but I really don't understand the benefit.     

AceBro
Eternal Dark King

CHawk15 wrote:

Do you not have a Furnace to cube ?  I'm pretty sure I have a crap one in the stash that I could send you if you're interested.  

For Gems, I use Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped and one of the Defensive gems.  I'm really considering a Mutilation Guard for the Barb as well. 

I'm curious, why Overpower ?  .  I've seen many builds using it but I really don't understand the benefit.     

I do not have a furnace... I find it slightly funny, yet frustrating because I have found a bunch of those damn cube things that adds a socket to a weapon for you - I can go clear all 5 acts and all the bounties plus a few rifts and not find any, but then every other game or so one will drop on one day and then not drop again for a week. I have accumulated a a good number of them over all this time. However, ever since the furnace was introduced and could be a drop... I have still yet to ever find or gamble one, not even a crap one.

I used to run rend too, but even with the huge time and damage buff on the same set, it requires me to stop doing WW to cast it. With the pants cubed, I am unsure if my damage drops because you are standing still when you cast it. Either way, I like to stay on the move. Also, I have a lightning damage build and that rune that gives 8% crit chance for the duration of the buff is lightning based too. It spikes my crit chance up to 50% about.

I also been thinking about taking off sprint. It's nice for being incredibly mobile, but I am already quick with BK set, so thinking about going with battle rage or even the newer rune change to battle cry that instead of lowering the enemy damage, it increases damage they take by 30% (I think).

CHawk15
Dark Warrior

I changed runes on Battle Rage, went from the damage one to the increased movement speed one.   I've got one Ancient BK sword now.  If I get the other one, I'm switching it out and going to Obsidian ring of the Zodiac to see if I can keep the WotB up well enough. 

Right now, my gear has Fire Dmg %, but I'm still using WW->Wind Shear to keep the wrath up, I think I may have too much Wrath Regen since I'm running the Call of the Ancients rune that gets your Wrath up as well w/ Reaper's Wraps.   I can probably get rid of one of the last 2 and be fine.  

Backup Carn Doc is doing 45s again, I've played around with the Acid Cloud build for HT (pretty fun).  Debating whether to gear out a Hammerdin or Dashing Strike Monk next.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dark Knights Forum Index -> [PS4] Guild Member DIII Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: